Thursday, April 5, 2012

103 -- The Black Keys -- Friday, March 9, 2012 –- Verizon Center -– Washington, DC

The Black Keys had an uphill battle to climb: it was a dreaded FRIDAY concert. I have gone to just three Friday shows for a reason. After a week’s worth of 5am wakeup calls, it is almost impossible for me not to doze off. Considering this, I was glad I was able to stay awake for most of the songs and have a good time. Highlights included…

--- Sitting next to a woman who was attending her first concert! The fact that the Black Keys were her favorite band made it even better.

--- The cool Winamp / iTunes backdrop

--- The mix of known songs (“Tighten Up,” “Lonely Boy”) and less known ones (“Your Touch,” “Run Right Back,” “Gold on the Ceiling”)

-- The extended “Girl Is On My Mind” intro. It reminded me a little of Explosions In The Sky. Most of the song was nothing like Explosions, but any song that in any way connects to Friday Night Lights is good in my book. ;)

--- “Little Black Submarine,” their best slow song, which featured their best line: “Every-body knows that a bro-ken heart is blind.”

Grade: B
















No comments:

Post a Comment