Tuesday, August 11, 2026

328 -- OAR -- Friday, July 24, 2026 -- Merriweather Post Pavilion -- Columbia, MD

--- Hahahah at the woman checking my ticket: “Is this your first concert?”

--- Start with “Black Rock” for their hometown two towns down, Rockville MD!!

--- “Daddy, it’s going to be RAINING CARDS.”

--- “So Moved On”: meh until the brass battle!

--- “If Only She Knew”: same comment, this with the star trumpet 

--- “About An Hour Ago”: Awww at the song the kids and I hilariously renamed “The Gas Is High” as we listened to it the car, and the lyrics kept saying “the gas is low”!!!

--- “Love and Memories”: Brody and Riley circle party!!!!

--- Awww at “I Feel Home”: so relevant for the band and the Merriweather crowd. Hadn’t noticed / really like the line: “The crack of your smile makes me want to stay for a while."

--- “Night Shift / Stir It Up” had reggae chops.

--- "Dareh Meyod”: Roberge held a note out for what feels like a minute at the end, and the kids connected it to “Too-Ra-Loo-Ra-Loo-Ral,” which we sing at bed each night!! Brody also noticed the green lights changed shape, and Riley insisted, “The lights are clapping”!!!

--- I hadn’t known about “California” until this week, when I looked it up to compare it to Riley’s other beloved “California.” Verdict, to be honest: can't top Phantom Planet. Classic. 

--- “War Song”!!! The best mix of the night: a song I’ve never heard before, a tribute to troops, included spoken word seamlessly, solos for every instrument, including military drums and ending with haunting trumpet. 

--- “Peace”!!!! Awww at the kids’ faces when I lifted them up and saw everyone’s phones lit for the first time. Plus, when I mentioned to Riley this was the song she picked, she said, “I did!” Brody blasts, “I chose ‘Shattered’” and the guy behind us cracks up.

--- “This Town” had a cool smoky intro and showcase from electric guitarist Richard On.

--- $11,000 will go to the Heard The World and musical therapy with kids in a Children’s Hospital.

--- Aww at the fitting front-porch setup of everyone for “We’ll Pick Up Where We Left Off.”

--- Manuel dies at their cover of Stone Temple Pilot’s “Plush.” He bellows '1994'!!!! The song has much-needed aggression. Aww at them rushing home from FROST MS for Pearl Jam unplugged. Hahahah, Roberge nearly drops the mic beneath the stage. “That was close!”

--- “Hey Girl” features Riley shrieking at ‘her’ song and epic solos from everyone à la “War Song,” including a wild electric ukulele and a Michael Jordan trumpet!

--- A cover of Beastie Boys’s “Sabotage” makes Manuel die again. Such cred.

--- “Crazy Game of Poker”!!!!!

--- Awwww at the guy asking us about Frost Middle School after, and the guy who picked up Brody’s fallen cards and claimed he’s picked up “two jacks and a pair of nines” like in the song!

Grade: A






No comments:

Post a Comment