Friday, June 17, 2022

249 -- Rise Against -- Sunday, July 25, 2021 -- MECU Pavilion -- Baltimore, MD

 --- Ha, never would’ve thought I’d see a guy with a DuckTales shirt at a Rise Against show. 

--- I don’t even like “Numbers,” but the energy, lighting, and clarity DELIVERS!  If this is the start, strap in!!

--- “Heart beat pounding awayyy”!!! “Re-Education” remains amazing.

--- “How you feeling out there, Baltimore?” AMAZING.

--- “Satellite” is a great change of pace.

--- Aww at them actually waiting for hands to raise when they ask for how many is this their first show back. Such a bond.

--- “The Violence” off Wolves would probably be better if I knew it. It gives me time to catch my breath.

--- “Broken Dreams Inc”: Wow, Tim McIlrath is SO CLOSE. Oooh, sweet guitar solo. Heh at the title chanting section.

--- “Audience of One”!!  Love the change of pace and the mid-level surggggge. Also, one of my first RA songs. “Thank you, all.” Thank YOU. 

--- “Ready To Fall”!! Awww, DuckTales guy says, “That’s 100% correct” to my calves theory. I.E. The true measure of a great punk show? Sore calves.

--- I don’t see any gaps in the audience in the back. Impressive.

--- “I Don’t Wanna Be Here Anymore” off Black Market. Solid.  Cool smoky solo.  “This song is all about waking up and not being in the dark place we sometimes are. I want you to leave that place. Are you ready, Baltimore?” Awww, whole new meaning now, like “Forfeit”!!!

--- Aww they toured with Menzingers ten years ago. Full circle.

--- “Under the Knife”!  Being surrounded by pit enthusiasts is the BEST.

--- “It’s all about being able to see your faces, voices. This is for you.”

--- “Forfeit”: aww, the crowd treats it with no respect, but it was an awesome surprise on the album!!

--- “Swing Life Away”!! What a summer jam. “This is the time to soak in this moment, that we’re all here. This one goes out to everyone at the venue – and the crew.” He could have added Brody. Brody’s all about it. 

--- “Make It Stop” feels less urgent than it should.

--- “Prayer of the Refugee” feels as raw as the first time I heard it!!!

--- “Survive” has a slow build and a strong message: “That’s what makes us who we are.”

--- “We get to share the stage with legend, without whom we would not be here today.” Wow, this is The Descendants’ first tour in 20 years.

--- The whole pit loves “Worth Dying For,” and I barely remember it.

--- “Savior” slays. SLIGHTLY BETTER THAN A ZOOM CALL.

Grade: A

No comments:

Post a Comment