Saturday, January 23, 2010

The Pixies – Monday, November 30, 2009 – DAR Constitution Hall -- DC /Weezer – Wednesday, December 9, 2009 – The Patriot Center – Fairfax, VA

I was disappointed to miss the Pixies show. They seemed primed to follow the Smashing Pumpkins model. They would be another scary band I didn’t particularly like who would became scary good live. Wish I’d been able to find out if that actually happened…

I was even more disappointed to miss the Weezer show. This was the first time I had ever gotten floor tickets for an arena show. I could have been feet from “Getchoo”’s thrashing guitars; I could have stood across from Rivers during “Across the Sea.” (No, Weezer fans, I would not like to become an 18-year-old girl from a small city in Japan – just go with the phrasing. ;))

Sadly, I was not able to stand anywhere in the arena because the tour bush crashed into an ice patch two days before the concert, canceling the rest of the tour. Tear.

Fortunately, no one was seriously hurt, though, and they plan on rescheduling in the new year. Once they come up with an exact date, count me in!






No comments:

Post a Comment