Saturday, April 20, 2019

224 -- Franz Ferdinand -- Wednesday, April 11, 2018 -- 9:30 Club -- DC

Always Ascending” stays on the ground.

“Oooh, the lead singer’s Scottish,” says Hark.  Heh.

“Dark Side of the Matinee”!!!  I love that Hark and I listened to it and discussed it in depth in the car right before we walked into the club!

Low expectations for “The Fallen (Troubled Boy),” so it was a lot of fun. 

“Love is going to come as a photographer.”  Intriguing line!!  As a song, though, “Glimpse of Love” is barely likable.

Pretty generic crowd work (DC chants), but at least they’re acknowledging us.

“Finally,” off the new album, is not great.

Do You Want To” picks back up.  Hehe, they shamelessly throw “9:30 Club” into the lyric! 

Lois Lane” has a great synth section!!

“Darts of Pleasure”!!!! London club flashback.  “Super fantastic” indeed.

The way he says “sweet love iLLUMination” drives me friggin’ nuts. Hark calls me over, “I like this one.”  Squeeee!!!! 

“The academy award for good times goes to you” is an intriguing line.  Wish I could say the same thing about the song itself (“The Academy Award”).

Oh, so there’s a reason “Take Me Out” is popular — it rocks!!!  Love that they also still like it.

Huck and Jim”: starts slow, gets better.  “Heh, coming to America, sipping 40s with Huck and Jim.”

“Ulysses”’ funk has got you highhhh.

Heh: “I don’t want to be presumptuous, DC.  Do you want to hear another song?”

Lazy Boy”: diverting in the moment, but a waste of a slot in the encore.

I’d never liked “Michael” on the album, by the rhythm live was sickkkk!!!!  Hark prompts ME.


“Are you in the mood to feel the love tonight, DC?”  Initially, I cheekily said, “Not for ‘FeelThe Love Go.’”  That said, it won me over — solid mid-tempo number, and Hark rub helped!

I’ve never heard any performer say “DC” so often, lol.  It must be rough for them to perform in Muskogee.

“This Fire”!!!!!  They just burned DC to the *ground.*  Best li song of 2019.  What a way to end.

Grade: A+

No comments:

Post a Comment