Sunday, July 16, 2023

275 -- Bruce Springsteen -- Monday, March 28, 2023 -- Capital One Arena -- DC

--- Lol at pirate hatred Stevie.

--- Aww at the emphasis on “young again” in “No Surrender”!

--- “Ghosts” off Letter to You!!!! I was all fear the first song. It’d be mechanical. The ‘excitement’ would be rote. NOPE. I don’t even remember this song off Letter To You, but the lyrics are great, it makes me want to go back and re-listen, and the band is having FUN. 

--- “Prove It All Night”!!! Reverb everywhere from the incomparable pit. Woooo at the guitar solo at the end.

--- “Letter to You”: I appreciate the quieter parts, but it’s still a step down.

--- “Promised Land”!!!! Involuntarily LEAPS.  He’s so CLOSE. Harmonica. JOYYY.

--- “Out in the Street”: f-u-n! Aww at all the cords reactions.

--- “Candy’s Room”!!!! So dark, different, and Kevin is now a rapper. Awesome.

--- “Kitty‘s Back”!!!!! Love the whole horn section, the piano, the drums, and Bruce’s hammy reaction to the feedback on the guitar. 17 people strong (?!). Justin Hurwitz would surely approve.  Bruce Springsteen and the E STREET BAND.

--- “Nightshift”: stood out on the new album, so I’m glad he picked it. Omg at the guy Bruce duets with on it. Falsetto for days.

--- “Trapped”: I love how the upper deck is flipping out for a semi obscure song?!!! By far the best of quiet songs so far. Great balance of tones.

--- Hahahahah at him conducting the opening of “E Street Shuffle”. Hahahaahh at the bongo / drum showdown. Livvvvveee!!!! He just trots out the hits and calls it a day, doesn’t he? 

--- “Johnny ‘99”: partay!! Awwww, it happened. I involuntarily bite my arm!!!!! That’s the milestone. The show has arrived.

--- Lol at more cowbell. Stevie’s just hanging out!!!!

--- “Last Man Standing”!!!!! I will not make a single comment. I will link the video and leave it at that. Tender wonder. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoNAdNsUtFc

--- “Backstreets”: aww, so happy for Kevin!!! Wowwww at the inflection on “until the enenend.” Masterful.

--- Hahahah, he sprays water -- to my mom’s horror.

--- Someone in front of me knows every word to “Because The Night.” It’s a teenager!!!!! FEROCIOUS by the end. Jesus.

--- “She’s The One

--- “Wrecking Ball”!!!!! Watch the video. I near hit the ceiling. Multiple times. This one goes out to you, Steve Mull. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ris6JzvAR-o

--- “Badlands”!!!!! Does not need to change a single note. Joy.

--- I do not write a word about the encore. “Thunder Road,” “Born to Run,” “Rosalita,” “Glory Days,” “Dancing in the Dark,” “Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out,” “I’ll See You In My Dreams,” and my expression speak for themselves. 

Grade: A+





No comments:

Post a Comment