Monday, July 17, 2023

276 – Bruce Springsteen – Friday, April 7, 2023 – CFG Bank Arena – Baltimore, MD

--- Tom Swindell is a consummate host. 

--- I love how reactive he and Annie when we see the beginning of Blinded by the Light at their place beforehand.  Awww that they both love The Wire. They also bring up the moment where Lester bests Marlo and the moment where Bunk and McNulty solve a crime with all F’s before I even say anything!!!!

--- Saga and a half to take care of the bag and find our seats. Annie was a pro for both.

--- Hard to register “No Surrender,” “Prove It All Night,” and “Letter for You” with all the seat searching and semi casual fans. 

--- Awww at Tom and Annie warming my Raynaud’s hands!!

--- “Promised Land” and “Out in the Street”!!! Back in business, and the guy behind us is awesome.

--- “Lucky Town” is a waste. Glad if some fan appreciates the obscurity though. Solid guitar solo at least. 

--- Tom: “I didn’t realize he was this good at guitar. When he retires, he should totally become a guitarist for a random band.”

--- Omg, on “Candy’s Room,” THE BAND BEGINS!!! Tom reports that it’s up to 18 instruments. I swear some of this was not in the DC show. HA, Tom, “Bruce is a conductor now.” Lol at him hamming it up with hair during a glory note.

--- “Night Shift”: A rare midtempo song I enjoy. I dig the credit to other artists and the female solos!!

--- “Hungry Heart”: awww, Baltimore Jack, he switched it!!!!

--- Wow, “Pay Me My Money Down” from The Seeger Sessions. He’s going everywhere. LIVE. There was definitely accordion in DC. He sometimes brings in local musicians for a song, so these may be Baltimore guys!!!!! Tom: “That was some good shit.” https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ht615n_fCl4

--- Such a dramatic intro to “E Street Shuffle.” Me: “He really is a conductor.” Tom: “I told you. Quote me on that!” Drums!!!! The guy behind me: “Did you see that?!”

--- “Last Man Standing”!!!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoNAdNsUtFc

--- “Backstreets”: the first time I’ve ever seen a performer cry!!!! He didn’t do that at all in DC, nor add this whole spoken word section that connected back to the George story in “Last Man Standing.” Oh man at the “in the end” relevance and delivery.

--- “Because The Night”!!!!! I’d been slightly disappointed by in DC, but that was unreal. 

Annie leapt on it from the first note, and the energy was POTENT. 

--- Aww, Tom says “She’s The One” sounds like Laughing Colors. Hahahaha at “thank you, good night” for the 80th time from the guy behind me.

--- Hahahahah at the boldness of “Wrecking Ball” lyrics about the Giants in Baltimore and Tom wooing at “all our little victories and glories have turned into PARKING LOTS.”

--- “Badlands”!!!!! Tom: “You were right. That was good shit.” Hahahah at the crowd continuing all the whoa-ohs to the encore.

--- I do not write a word about the encore. “Thunder Road,” “Born to Run,” “Rosalita,” “Glory Days,” “Dancing in the Dark,” “Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out,” “I’ll See You In My Dreams,” and our expression speak for themselves. 

Grade: A+

p.s. The next day, I discovered that I lost my voice. For about a day and a half. That's never happened after a concert. #WorthIt 

















No comments:

Post a Comment