Tuesday, July 28, 2026

321 -- Nine Inch Nails -- Saturday, February 14, 2025 -- Prudential Center -- Newark, NJ

--- Bizarre one-hour line outside the arena was fine because I met a couple that doesn’t see 100 movies a year — they see 150!!! Apparently the delay was because the band didn’t like the lighting, so everyone had to go outside as they adjusted it?! Talk about biting the hand that feeds

--- “Wish”: so intense! 

--- “March of the Pigs”: doesn’t it make you feel better? Hank would say yes. 

--- “Reptile”: love the quiet piano intro after the rabid “Pigs.” The quiet doesn’t last, as it rips into visual and aural power lines that shimmer up the stage but the contrast is great. Oooh, then it moves again to “please don’t hurt me.” Wow. “Oh, what a beautiful liar.” The surprise that I can make out most of the lyrics is great!!

--- “Heresy”: “God is dead. And no one cares.” The 16,000 people here seem to. They love it! Heh: “If there is a hell, I’ll see you there.”

--- “Copy Of A”!!!! I don’t think it’s famous, and maybe people think it’s too repetitive,  but it was my favorite on the albums and, so far, live. Lyrics, build, look = hypnosis.

--- “Gave Up”: fine.

--- Oooh, the smoke pit they move to mid stage for “Vessel” is TOUGH.

--- "Closer": Hahaha at the existence of these two lines in the same song: “You get me closer to God” and “I want to ---- you like an animal”?!?! YES how it slows to a crawl and then reverbs the f out at the end!!!

--- Not sure what that ~instrumental was, but it sounded a LOT like Challengers.

--- “As Alive As You Need Me To Be”: Woo, dig the different beat. “Everything for a reason.” Apparently a new song. Keeps ripping to new riffs — nice!

--- Moronic that they have not said a single word to the audience, but it adds mystique I suppose, and the variety of  sounds is so strong, it down technically need it.

--- “Mr. Self Destruct” pounds until a high-pitch screech. Wow.

--- Um, “Less Than” suggests we “add a little violence”…

--- Wish I connected more to the band an individual songs and Bob Reznor said ANYTHING to the audience, but the rest was a rocket. 

--- Hahaha, that almost everything I said becomes irrelevant. (1) “The Perfect Drug” is a BANGER that ends with a helluva whimper!!!! So cool. (2) He talks to the crowd for two minutes, including saying how meaningful they are as life becomes fleeting. Aww.

--- Heh at David Bowie’s “I’m Afraid of Americans.” Can’t imagine what could had made them choose it…

--- “The Hand That Feeds”: aww, so much blue jumping!!

--- “Head Like Hole”: woo at the “bow down before the one you serve” full-crowd hands-up section and multi-instrument coalition at the end!!!

--- “Hurt”: woo for a tender number. It’s NIN, so it features the line “I wear this crown of s---,” and it ends with a rattle and roar, but still lol.

Grade: A+

Eternal “Copy Of A” validation from a 52-year-old mother and her 20-year-old blue-haired daughter!!!!! Ready to walk all the way to my hotel. Earns the plus.





















No comments:

Post a Comment