Tuesday, July 28, 2026

322 -- Heated Rivalry Dance Party -- Friday, March 6, 2026 -- The Anthem -- DC

Heated Rivalry was an unexpectedly great show -- one ripe for a dance party.

That said, when the show started, I felt like Shane and Ilya in episode four: *not* in my element. I barely knew the songs, and stress about my dance skills resurfaced. The montages felt shapeless, turning propulsive, meaningful characters arcs into a line of treadmills at Equinox. 

Fortunately, those awkward moments gave me time to type -- to work through anxiety and make an arc of my own! See live notes below...  

--- Glad they included "Rasputin." It’s as popular here as it is in PE!

--- HA, there are way more women than gay men.

--- Awww, the US Women’s Hockey Team with the biggest applause of the night. It's SNL all over again

--- The second biggest applause of the night went to the drag performance. Worth the blinding light they used during it.

--- Hahaha at raucous cheers that go up whenever they show scenes of 'athleticism.'

--- Awww at my gut when the DJ said, “If you haven’t been up on stage yet, make your way up here.” I was legit ready to go. Progress!!!

--- Correction: the montages themselves are not shapeless. That was more my feeling than a legitimate criticism of the editing. The hotel one, for example, really fits. Hahahah, “we at the hotel, motel, Holiday Inn” is by far the catchiest song of the night. Even I’m singing. Apparently it's called "Hotel Room Service"...

--- Hahahaha: “Do we had any One Direction fans?” I’m back in Room 302 — except now it’s all happy shrieks. 

--- “All The Things She Said” has *drive.* Nice. 

--- Hahahaha at the lookalike contest. Mileage varied, but props for certain fitness routines paying off and the courage of everyone who got up there.

--- “Mr. Brightside" and "I’ll Believe In Anything”!!!!! It’s wild how connected people are to the climax of Episode 5. That includes me -- especially with the Killers / Wolf Parade catapult! Sharing it with hundreds around took it to another level.

--- Hahahaha, “I’ve never heard so many people screaming for gay love in my whole life.”

--- Is this actually the biggest show of the tour? This guy seems like a huge liar.

--- He asks guys to come up and, again, if I were closer, I would have. Impressive handstands and the guy with the deep blue shirt had smooooth feet. 

--- Hahahaha at Connor Storrie's Gold’s water-bottle dance.

--- Andddd a girl in the crowd smashed my infected toe. Ow.

--- Aww that this woman says to me, "All the beautiful guys aren’t up on stage." Heh, riiight, but thanks.

--- Trans rights! Woo.

--- The crowd loves “Pink Pony Club.”

--- Hahahahahahah at the ERUPTION for Alysa Liu, the Dancing Queen.

--- I dig the vibe change that comes with Bad Bunny. He crushed the Super Bowl and did again here. 

--- A reprise of “All The Things She Said." It's closest to Nine Inch Nails, so I dig it. It brings me back to the convincing pain of episode four, another plus. 

--- I tried to run on stage! It's the thought that counts!!!

--- Wooo at the collective joy at the end. Bring on season two!!!

Grade: A-/A




No comments:

Post a Comment